Tuesday, April 25

songs in the key of MEEP

Relax! That's what they told me yesterday. Relax!! Here, have another anti-D injection - OUCH
Right.
How does a highly stressed type A thilly thurgeon relax?
Hmmm

  • Rediscover very silly ABBA songs. Case in point - "Just like that!"
    - Seriously, how can one NOT be amused with lyrics such as "..He walked into my house as smug as a cat, he was handsome and smart walked away with my heart..."
    It sounds much better when sung like a chipmunk though

  • Comfort food
    - Darrell Lea Chocolate Nougat Easter eggs - Ben doesn't understand the passion I have for this shiny packaged treat and I guess he never will
    Melinda 2 Easter Eggs 0
    This aint a baby belly

  • House MD downloads
    - Thank god for Hugh Laurie (current fantasy celebrity crush)

Things are a little better today - apart from having to sit around with my feet up and ensconsed in attractive beige grade 2 compression stockings.

Now... back to torturing Ben with ABBA

7 comments:

Dr Ben Cook said...

Please....... No more ABBA!!!!!

Paul In London said...

Just like that!

He walked into my life as smug as a cat,
He was handsome and smart, walked away with my heart

Just like that!

melinda said...

He found a temporary home in my flat
Telling innocent lies
Throwing dust in my eyes
But I led him on
Knowing that someday soon he’d be gone

Just like that!

Paul In London said...

As though he only stopped awhile for a chat
But my secrets he learned
Leaving no stone unturned

And of course there are the verses... but Alas ABBA never fully recorded them.

Dr Ben Cook said...

Thank God for small mercies!

Paul In London said...

Nooo you can't say that! Of course Melinda should also be playing "If it wasn't for the nights" a classic ABBA gem from the Voulez Vous album...

Dr Ben Cook said...

Well if the title is in french it can't be all bad!