Sunday, May 14

Timing is Everything

Convocation night - the night when I get to dress up in a gown that suspiciously looks like it could be worn by Lord Voldemort (apart from the bright yellow bands down the front, and the little yellow ties on the side), kindly lent to me by Dilip...

My nose is dripping
My eyes are puffy
I am febrile
I have freaking REFLUX after a glass of water
I have to wear GRANNY STOCKINGS to stop me feeling dizzy

And now I find that I can't take a handbag to the ceremony.

Well convocation people - WHERE DO I PUT MY TISSUES SO I DON'T DRIP ON THE COLLEGE PRESIDENT HMMMMM??

Yeah, bet they never thought or prepared for that one - the pregnant, febrile due to a viral illness, sniffling everywhere as all those lovely anti-head cold medications aren't good for growing Noodles surgeon.

BAH

2 comments:

Paul In London said...

Poor thing! Hope you didn't cough up plegma over the president...

melinda said...

Managed to stick the tissues up my sleeve just before shaking his hand.
If he gets sick... then blame it on those silly people who wouldn't let me have a meeping handbag!!!