Monday, June 12

Baby Care 101

Today we were guests at the Jenkins' household for morning tea and lunch. We were entertained by Felix who was on his best behavior and particularly cute in his cheeky monkey hat. I think I am getting baby lessons by stealth as not long after we arrived I was given the task of feeding Felix. Luckily there was a bottle with some milk in or I would have been in trouble! Although my man boobs are a B cup, they definitely are non-functioning. It seemed to go well and I even managed to elicit a rather satisfying burp that would have made Barny proud. Later, after the feed made its way to the other end, it seemed that I was in need of pooey nappy lessons. This also proceeded incident free......thank God.....and I can now say I have survived my first pooey nappy. Woo Hoo! I wonder what other skills I will pick up on our next visit to see the Jenkins'.

3 comments:

Paul In London said...

I am just glad there isn't a photo to capture the moment...

Anonymous said...

You have indeed progressed . . . don'ty remember you changing any nappies when you were in your 17 - 20 stage!

Dr Ben Cook said...

One or two wet ones only I believe!