Tuesday, April 22

Daddy hits the big 4-0


Palais royale
Originally uploaded by b boy.
Grayson letting the news out of the bag.... Well, mummy says it is the main reason we are over here!
Today we went out exploring again - going to this lovely garden, then this place which had all these black and white posts to jump all over. I got to eat some really nice sweet bread called brioche and after a lot of running around I got really sleepy and decided to have a bit of a nap.
Mummy and Daddy apparently saw this really tall structure whilst I was napping, and to make things worse, they took pictures of me whilst I was catching some ZZZZZ.
After all of this I woke up to find myself in a creperie, where I promptly tried to demolish all the table cloths (they were made of shiny green paper - WHAT FUN!) and eat everyone else's crepes.
Insert innocent Grayson look here....
Mummy and smart sensible uncle (who I like to call Paw - amongst other things) took me to a park, where I got to play with some other kids who spoke in a funny language (not Klingon like me - or so mummy says). One nasty little boy wouldn't let me climb up the steps to slide down the slippery dip, so mummy picked me up, put me at the top and I got to have a slide! (HA! Nasty little boy - MY mummy is sneaky!)
After this, I went home, had some nice food and a drink - then noticed the parental units and SSU were getting dressed up....
And I WASN'T
Then this other strange female person arrived....
And then daddy and mummy kissed me goodbye.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I may not have been on best Grayson behaviour but seriously! These parents take me away from ALL my usual toys, my day care and my wheely bug to a place where the day is night and I am having to wear these different nappies and I don't get to sleep in our nice king size bed and .....

(breathe Grayson... focus.... breathe...)

I perhaps should have handled the situation a little better....

But eventually I was too tired to complain any more, so I went off to sleep. When I woke up - mummy and daddy were in bed with me and all was ok again in the Grayson world.

(Mummy and Daddy edit: We went off to L'Angle du Falbourg for a lovely degustation dinner during which we drank copious quantities of champagne to accompany delightful food. Mummy nearly fell asleep at the table but Daddy managed to keep the Cook flag flying by declaring he needed more champagne!)

2 comments:

greg said...

congratulations on the the big four oh! Sent a txt but not sure if you're on glbal roaming. Make sure you shop up big on champagne.

Dr Ben Cook said...

Thanks Greg, yes did get the text. We will certainly get a bottle or six of champagne to bring back :)