Wednesday, May 3

PDF's (public displays of feeding)

The conversation went like this....
B: Hey we can use one of those muslin wraps to throw over your shoulder and bub when you need to breast feed in public.
M: Who says I am going to breast feed in public!
B: Well what if Noodles gets hungry when we are out?
M: Have you ever heard of bottles?!
B: Yeah but what if you give him the bottle and he is still hungry?
M: Well give him another bottle!
B: Yeah but what if we run out of ALL the bottles?
M: I am not breast feeding in public!
M: (directed to the belly and presumably to Noodles) Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, don't look around the eyes, not around the eyes, look into my eyes, aaaand your out. OK Noodles, when we are out and if you have finished your bottle you will not be hungry anymore. You will not need to have anymore until we get home, understand. You definitely won't want to breast feed in public OK. On the count of three you will be back in the womb. 1, 2, 3.
N: WhatEVER!

3 comments:

Paul In London said...

Oh what's so wrong with getting 'em out in public for a feeding? It is a very Australian thing to do...

Mind you don't ever do it in where others are eating as I was sitting in a cafe having a coffee and toastie one morning minding my own business when this mother started feeding right in my line of sight... Nobody needs to see that sh*t in the morning!

Dr Ben Cook said...

Hence the muslin wrap ;)

melinda said...

I am a prude and proud of it

NO PUBLIC BOOB-FESTS!!!

You're right Paul - no one needs to see my sh*t