Monday, May 8

Spending Spree

The weekend proved to be an expensive one. But at least everything was on sale.......almost everything! We only bought things that were on the list and we had budgeted for so we weren't too irresponsible :) Starting the spend fest was a luggage pod and roof racks for my new car. With 300 litres of space and bought during a clearance sale it seemed like good value. Of course some people, (hint: L*s), tell me that they are a very tragic and lame accessory that mostly only sock and sandal wearing volvo drivers use but it is cheaper than buying an X3. Mmmm...X3!

After feeling quite pleased with myself on my new purchase, I was driving home and as I passed the Beta Electrical around the corner from our home I did a quick U-turn and decided to see what they had. We had put a chest freezer on the list for storing pre-prepared meals prior to Noodles arrival and also breast milk for when Mel is working and I have Noodles at home. As luck would have it they had a few chest freezers for sale as factory seconds. The one I chose was brand new but when it was put onto the floor for display it got a minute dent in the side. Perfect, and with an extended 5 year warranty it was still cheaper than a "new" one.

2 for 2. What else could I buy? I was on a roll. We went to DJ's in the city as Mel's parents had decided they wanted to buy us a high chair. We had already picked the one we wanted so all we had to do was order it. It will take a week or so to arrive. Although not on special was was undeterred on my hunt for bargains.

Finally, although not baby related, the last purchase was made. We had bought some cordless phones for home about 18 months ago and they proved to be duds and of course now out of warranty. So how could I resist 15% off and an extended 5 year warranty on a pair of new uniden phones. Exhausted from a days spending we retired home for a quiet night in.

No comments: