Thursday, June 29

Wireless...less

This week has been frustrating due to the problems I have had with our wireless router. Basically it died on Saturday night leaving us without convenient access to the internet (and a broadband phone!). Adding insult to injury I couldn't connect to the internet when I plugged my laptop directly into the modem (due to a quirk of telstra and its cable login heartbeat). 40 frustrating minutes later and 4 transfers of my call within bigpond tech support to eventually find someone that knew something about macs, and I was at least able to access the net again. But without the router it was only 1 computer at a time and no home phone. Totally sucked!!!

Needless to say the next day I went and bought another router, the same one as it turns out and almost half the price now. Setting this up so it worked properly was almost as frustrating as my telstra experience but after having to upgrade the firmware and change the channel that the router was transmitting on things seem to working ok. I will need to keep my fingers firmly crossed I think. How did we ever cope in the days before mobile phones and when the commodore 64 was cutting edge?

The only lucky thing was that the old router was still in warranty by 1 month so they have now sent me a new one. I guess a backup will come in handy one day!

1 comment:

Paul In London said...

Good to see Telstra still provide rubbish service...

But remember wireless broadband is still a mystical process that works and doesn't for a variety of known and unknown reasons...

And does anybody still use a landline??