Tuesday, July 18

Hormonal manipulation

Continuing on with the theme of my previous entry - regarding the susceptibility of the impregnated woman to manipulation by multinationalistic corporations ... I provide a vignette of a recent event which resulted in palpitations and postural hypotension on my part (and yes, I was wearing those damn stockings). Alas, twas on a smaller retail scale (I can't claim another international conspiracy) and which perhaps goes to show that placenta brain should be included as a potential medical diagnosis for women with my hormonal imbalance (or at least be able to be used as a valid excuse as to why we sometimes do some pretty wacked out things)
The last three weeks had been particularly hellish at work, so with a part weekend off I needed some down time.
I ventured into a hair salon for an overdue haircut (ginger roots!!) and was greeted by an over zealous hairdresser who told me I was all washed out and needed a makeover. (Not to mention that if I thought I was going to be able to keep up with regular hair foils post-partum I was living in la la land.)

All washed out? Not being able to cope with foils every 2 months??? Meep!

Naturally no woman wants to be labelled "washed out" - so I agreed to a slight change in hair colour. In his words, just a little darker. Darker I thought, meant some sort of caramel and not the PURPLE-RED hue which it ended up being. To add insult to injury, my eyebrows were darkened too. I left the salon looking a bit goth like (well, my make-up applied that morning had washed off) and not the smug married which I thought I was. Dear husband didn't make matters MUCH better by saying "What the freak have you done to your hair???"

Sadly, I had to agree with him.
Fortunately the colour is only semi-permanent.
There must be a good colourist in Brisvegas somewhere. Right?? RIGHT???

And I am NOT putting a picture to this post until I have given it another 10 more washes or so.

1 comment:

Paul In London said...

Surely the 10 washes are up by now right???