Monday, July 10

Tour de Nundah!

A few months (I will not say exactly how many) since my last bike ride and I think the TDF has inspired Les and myself again. We dusted of the bikes, pumped up the tires and after a few moments of trying to remember were my helmet was hidden we managed to get underway. It all seemed to be a bit like...well, riding a bike really. Hadn't seemed to have forgotten how to handle the bike but I almost forgot how to work the cyclo-computer. Although quite cool this morning (but I do like it cold) and trying out my new arm warmers (which were actually purchased quite a while ago) it seemed quite easy. This feels quite good I thought.....sitting behind Les doing 30km/hr. That was until we turned around and hit a head wind.....it was actually more like a head breeze but it has been 6 months off the bike. I wasn't going to say how long it had been was I...oh well! After a relatively short ride (compared to the TDF boys) we made it home but my legs were trying to negotiate a surrender! Sitting back on the lounge, where Les and I seem to be more at home, we were quite satisfied with our attempt at getting some exercise and restarting our love affair with road riding! To top it all off we watched the 8th stage of the Tour de France and saw Robbie win another bunch sprint (it was only for 4th spot but still quite important for the maillot vert). Life is good!

No comments: