Thursday, May 8

The holiday is over...

Hello....

A rather tired and FRAGILE Grayson completing the final holiday blog entry on behalf of the family. I will explain the fragile bit later.

We departed London in one of those nicely refurbished British Airways planes. I got to lie down and when I awoke we only had 3 hours or so to go! Mummy and Daddy seemed pretty happy about all of this for some reason. We arrived in Bangkok and it was REALLY hot - I was in my long sleeved pyjamas and worked up quite a sweat until mummy changed me into some shorts and a shirt. She and daddy had a shower so when they got back they smelt nice and fresh (apparently I smell nice all the time so I don't need such frequent washing - hee hee hee)
Daddy and I had some lovely little tartlets with green stuff on them (mummy edit - lime). I took a big bite out of the green stuff -ooh hoo hooooo! Made my eyes water.

We got back onto the plane eventually after I managed to make all the airline security girls smile at me and try and hold my hand. I waved bye bye to them  - this seemed to make them giggle a bit...

Grayson's got moves

As for the Bangkok to Sydney leg of the trip - I may have been a little over-excited and didn't seem to sleep much (mummy and daddy edit - any). Daddy and mummy may have been a little cross after all of this, so on arrival in Sydney I tried to cheer them up by giving them a new nappy to change...

Ok, I may have been pushing the boundaries a little bit here - but can I just add that at this point I wasn't feeling too well (although mummy and daddy didn't seem to be as attuned to my needs as usual).

Hmm

Daddy managed to get his sabre through customs - I think the customs person was pretty impressed with the size of it and didn't end up charging any extra for the 7th bottle of champagne we had (those parents of mine did spend a while in those champagne shops).

Once we got through customs, the next stop was coffee at the Qantas club lounge in Sydney. Mummy stuck me in some fresh clothes and put some shoes on me - which was a good thing as it meant I could run around a bit more.

Even though I wasn't feeling well....

So when daddy picked me up - telling me we needed to board the plane in 5 minutes - what was a Grayson supposed to do???

I may have cried
I may have put on the sad face
I may have puked up all over daddy and my cow and half our carry on luggage and left a big splotch on the qantas club floor (which may have caused a little concern amongst the suit wearing set)

I may have kept crying

And daddy looked pretty mad
Mummy picked me up - took off my now messy clothes and put some fresh ones on. Daddy went to the wash room to clean himself up a bit - and then bought a new shirt from one of the shops

Daddy still really wasn't speaking to me

So mummy and I went to have a look at the planes landing in the airport. Eventually we got onto the plane, which promptly took off. I had a bit of water and then went off to sleep on mummy's nice soft lap.

The next thing I knew, I woke up feeling REALLY sick and vomited all over mummy whilst she was sitting in her nice business class seat.  
She may have also been about to partake of a fairly attractive appearing omelette....
A nice lady came over to help and gave mummy some warm wet towels to clean me up with. I felt pretty sad at this time. 
Fortunately mummy has mad organising skills  - well at least when it comes to packing for a puking toddler so she had another pair of PJs to put me into.
Daddy started giving me some cuddles so mummy could clean herself up a bit. Aaaaah. Daddy isn't mad at me any more.

(Smart mother was wearing black, apparently she does this so it hides the stains AND is slimming at the same time - Useless bit of Grayson information there)

We got off the plane last as I still was feeling very meepy. I puked a few more times walking up the ramp and that was how I greeted my grandparents (who had nicely agreed to pick me up from the airport).  Fortunately they were just glad to see me and mummy and daddy, so they didn't seem to mind that I wasn't looking my best...

Eventually we arrived home and I got to see all my toys and things again. This made me pretty happy. Mummy tried to give me some more stuff to drink but I kept being sick. 

Then I got a rash
And was a bit lethargic (well, so the parents say - but.... HELLOOOOO! JET LAG!)

So I got taken up to the Wesley emergency centre.

And had a blood test
(insert whimper)
And a big injection of antibiotic in case it was something nasty
(insert big WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH here - it was bleeping INTRAMUSCULAR people!)
And then I got taken home - had a bath, felt heaps better and went off to sleep.

I may have woken the parental units up at 1am - but after a quick drink I went back to sleep.
It was the father unit who awoke mummy and I at 4am - he sounded like me, except in stereo!

Mummy blames the Heathrow noodles - well, she is hoping it is food poisoning and not something she can catch as she has to go to work this afternoon.

Silly optimistic mummy!



No comments: