Tuesday, May 6

NO FREAKING INTERNET ACCESS!!!!!!!


AAAAAAAAGH

Until now that is - hence I am able to blog away to my little heart's content. And do I have a lot to tell!
Yes, it is the Grayson monster - once again blogging - from inside the British Airways lounge at Heathrow, which thankfully has wifi access (although it is a bit slow, hence the lack of photographic evidence).

So, the (sort of) short version of what we have been up to since last I blogged....

Tuesday - we drove for another bleeping long time to a place called Jumieges. (near Rouen - which is where some person called Joan was burnt to death or something - a pity she didn't know mummy as she might have been able to save her). Daddy was getting very tired and mummy was directing him. I have quickly learnt this is a recipe for disaster. All we had to do was cross the river when....
There was no bridge to cross the river
Only a car boat - which didn't seem to be going anywhere
And happened to be on the other side of the river anyway
After much naughty words from daddy's mouth we found ANOTHER way to get to Jumieges
Only to find we had no hot water
Or anywhere to eat except a really dodgy pizza place
And the bottle opener broke so the parents couldn't drink the bottle of vino they had bought at the dodgy pizza place....
And this WAS meant to have been a 5 star or so place to stay

But I digress

Wednesday - the NEXT morning, we got up really early and left Jumieges for CDG airport. We had a PLANE to catch!
To VENICE!
(Fortunately we got to the airport really quickly due to Daddy breaking many speeding rules - or so mummy says...)
And we caught a BOAT which went REALLY REALLY FAST!!!
All the way to this place with LOTS of boats and water!
At this point I may have got very excited and run around the boat making whooping noises.
Mummy tried to calm me down but when I get going..... there is NO STOPPING ME!!!

At some stage in the next 24-48 hours a very TRAGIC event occurred - I lost teddy. 

Lets take a moment or two to remember him....
(but just between you and me, I think mummy and daddy are more sad than me - Teddy gets to stay in Europe ALL the time)

Venice was ok - lots of tourists in the first couple of places we went, with a recurring theme of shop with glass (mostly Chinese - or so the authentic glass guys said), shop with masks, shop with jewellery, shop with gelati (I LIKE GELATI!!! These shops were ok). Mummy and Daddy got suckered in to going to Murano island with a hotel trip and it seemed like they were going to keep us there in the one shop for quite a while until I started doing my annoyed whiny Grayson act (I am getting quite good at these) and miraculously a boat appeared!
After this, mummy and daddy read their Guide to Venice book and got with the programme!

Mummy has asked me not to mention how she had to get daddy to use the tone with the glass people to refund all the money she spent on 6 shot glasses and how they did take the glasses back (because my daddy rules!) - although I do believe she hasn't seen exact confirmation of this....
But I am not mentioning that am I

hee hee

Our last full day in Venice was the nicest as we got away from all the touristy things. Daddy took lots of really nice photos - including a lot of people's washing....
Weird, my father is...

Anyway - we flew back to Paris on Saturday and caught up with Mick, Ailsa and Sophie. We were treated to the perfect Parisienne welcome - bread, cheese, pate and champagne. Once again I didn't get to taste any...
So I may have demonstrated to them what happens when meat is included in a baby-toddler's diet...

Oops

Sadly we farewelled the Doyle's and drove out to this place with LOTS of green things and more bottles of that bubbly stuff mummy and daddy seem to like...
I think Daddy will want to blog about our two days in champagne which included him buying 6 bottles of the stuff, coming back to our very nice suite with an autographed bottle of champagne AND finally succeeding in attaining a sabré!

Now, if only we can get it into the country!

Hopefully getting onto our flight to Bangkok soon

G

No comments: