Sunday, August 17

Grayson knows boats!


More PFD
Originally uploaded by b boy.
What a jam packed weekend I have had - where does a Grayson begin?

On Saturday, mummy and daddy got up relatively early (for a weekend anyway) No attempts at sleep ins today - not that they ever really succeed at doing that as I tend to wake them up by blowing a big raspberry on whatever body part I can get access to (Mummy and Daddy edit - usually the most tickly parts).
We then got into the big car (aka MUMMY'S CAR - mummy told me I had to say that) and drove to a place where there were lots of BOATS. I like boats. But even better still - we were able to board one of the boats! Then Emma and Sarah (along with their mummy and daddy) hopped on board too - and then the boat started and we were driving off!
YIPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Emma and Sarah's daddy was driving at first - and we started going pretty fast. This was great fun - I had to wear my PFD at all times except when I was inside the cabin but even then I didn't really want to take it off. We went up and down the Brisbane river as the weather wasn't so good out on the bay (I don't really know what any of this means - I am just repeating what I heard my father say).
The mummies on the boat made some nice cheese snacks with fruit for all of us. I pretended to be interested in the berries but I was just holding out for the cheese. I tried to be good but I was so hungry - I picked up the blue cheese whilst mummy wasn't looking and put it all in my mouth.
YUM
I was STILL hungry after this - so I grabbed the brie and ate all that too.
YUMMY

I don't think the girls were too happy with me eating all the cheese....

After this I was a bit tired - and had a nice nap for an hour. I woke up just in time for dessert. I was a bit full from all the cheese to have lunch, but there is ALWAYS room for cake!

After lunch and coffee (the daddies took the small boat over to Watt to pick up some take away flat whites - I won't mention how they flooded the engine and only checked to see if there was any petrol in the tank after they had drifted 50 or so metres away from the big boat. Mummy also said to mention they didn't have any oars to paddle with either) - Daddy started the boat up again. I joined him at the top of the boat and sat in the first mate's spot. We went really fast for a while there! All too soon our boat ride was at an end. Hopefully we can do it again soon hmmm daddy? (hint hint hint)

After cleaning up at home we went off to see Great Grandma Bugs. She was in the hospital connected to all these monitors and looked like she needed some groovy grover Grayson cheering up. I started running in and out of her room, but mummy and daddy soon put a stop to that by shutting the door.
Boo.
I then asked Bugs if she had any pikies - as she is pretty good at providing me with pikies at a moments notice. Unfortunately because she is stuck to all these machines Bugs explained to me that she couldn't make any pikies!
NOOOOOOO!
Memo to Grayson self - need to find a way to get Bugs out of there!
She sounded very sad so I started playing peek-a-boo with the curtain and giving her my cheeky grin (which usually works on most people). All too soon we had to say goodbye - I gave Bugs a big cuggle and kiss (after my nose was wiped), then blew her a few more kisses as we left.
GET WELL SOON BUGS!

Today Mummy and I went to see Wendy and Steve for lunch (Daddy wasn't feeling so well - I may have given him a sore throat/head cold) - I had lots of yummy food to eat and tested out the child safety in their home (it was pretty good - not too much I could find to break, really!) Mummy and I then went out to her work so she could do something or other - I may have demonstrated to a few people exactly how far a small collection of sultanas can spread when thrown on a hospital's floor (insert innocent look here)...
Tonight, Jenn came over and we had dinner, cuddles and (best of all) CAKE! Aunty Jenn knows how to keep the Grayson monster happy...

Bring on next week!

G

No comments: