Monday, September 1

River Fire 2008


River Fire
Originally uploaded by b boy.
Grayson Monster here again, Raagghhh!

or should I say - Oh my.... BLEEEEEEEEEEP (Grayson! potty mouth!!!)

Here I was, frazzled, fractured - barely coping with father away for a little soujourn in club mater (mummy note - pneumonia, meep) when the pre-mentioned mother unit takes me up to see him one Saturday evening.

There were several unusual features about this.
Mummy going out on a Saturday night (hee hee hee)
Me going out on a Saturday night (well, I am still underage!)
It took us nearly an hour and a half to get from New Farm to South Brisbane (not to mention daddy was driving and getting a bit narky at taxi drivers pushing in front of him, police women not allowing him to do a u-turn and eventually using the AWESOME power of the X5 to go off road in a not quite entirely legal fashion but which did enable us to get going in the right direction)

But getting back to ME

We were sitting out on the Mater Private balcony when suddenly there was this horrific WHOOOOOSH and a plane flew right overhead AND the plane was on FIRE!
Now, mummy keeps warning me about the dangers of fire and heat - particularly as they end up making her do much more work so I was RATHER terrified that the big whooshing thing might hurt us...
When suddenly all these OTHER things started going off.

And kept going...

And going...

I must confess - I MAY have decompensated a bit - gesturing to the parental units to get their you know whats back inside. Eventually they got the hint and went back inside. Then outside again. Then inside. Then outside...etc etc
Mummy bundled me up and took me back to our big car where we enjoyed the delights that only a turbo engine can offer and drove home. I snuggled into mummy that night and rewarded her by getting up at 6am on Sunday morning....

But it is all okay now in the Grayson household. Daddy is back home. Mummy is not on call. And I do believe there are some tasty treats currently cooking in the oven (aka dinner)

Mummy and Daddy seem to be very happy drinking some celebratory bubbles. I need to work out how to procure some of these celebratory welcome home bubbles for myself - although a nice glass of milk squishey might just do the trick.

Later...

G

2 comments:

Paul In London said...

And were the treats tasty?

Dr Ben Cook said...

extremely so...